Recurring Eye Infections
Over the last four months I've had three eye infections and during the last case my MD prescribed me Tobradex with 2 refills a few months ago.  Today I went to an Optometrist for a routine eye exam, and mentioned the fact that I've been having lots of trouble with infections lately.  I've stopped wearing contacts the last few months because of this as well. After finding out my last prescription was too powerful he gave me trial contacts to wear and I figured it wouldn't cause a problem.  I wore the contacts for seven hours, took them out and my eyes are now red as can be.

I'm really stumped on why these infections keep comming back?  Or maybe its not another infection and something else?

I've also included a photo if this helps: http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1420/photo1il5.jpg
The photo is not helpful.

A healthy young eye does not get recurrent infections. In a person wearing contacts that gets "recurrent infections" the cause is almost always the contacts.

Stop your contacts and it is highly unlikely that you will have this problem in the future.

Not everyone can wear contacts.

JCH III MD