Eye Care Community
Red, Burning, and Irritated Eyes for a Month

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

A few weeks ago, i accidentally got poked in my left eye and it hurt somewhat but it wasnt too serious. At the same time i started using a new type of eye liner on my eyes. This is has NEVER happened to me before, but my eyes started to become red and irritated after those incidents. I have NEVER had problems with contact lenses before, and they were not old either. The brand of contact lenses i was using was also  was not that new for me since i used them all year and they caused me no problems until now. However now, whenever i put in contact lenses inside my eye, my eye starts becoming red and it also burns. I stopped using lenses from time to time, and even put on lenses from a different brand in my eye but the condition returns. I have gotten my eyes checked, and the doctor said there's nothing seriously
wrong with it and how it's just allergies. However, is there any way i can get this condition to stop returning without me having to wear glasses all the time. Also, can this possibly be because of my eye being poked, and now it is trying to heal? If that is the case, I dont understand why BOTH of my eyes have this condition. Also, my situation tends to worsen when i'm outside and it is REALLY hot.
Sorry I can't tell. Suggest you get a second opinion. Find an Eye MD near you at www.aao.org     People lose their ability to wear contacts all the time, sometimes with no apparent reason. Then its either glasses or lasik

JCH MD