Eye Care Community
Red, Itchy, Dry, Swollen Eyes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Red, Itchy, Dry, Swollen Eyes

I have had red, itchy, dry, flaky, eyes for about three weeks now. They are usually swollen when I wake up in the morning and sometimes they might go down a little after the day goes by. It started out around my eye lids and now its around and under my eyes, down to the sides of my nose and cheek bone. Its is very irritated and Im miserable. I can't think of anything I have used new that would have caused an allergic reation. I went to the docs and he tested my blood for lupus and checked my thyroids since I do have problems with those and everything came back normal. The doc prescribed me hydrocortosone cream and bactrim antibiotic but Im no better but worse. So I went back to the docs and seen a different doctor and she treated it like an allergic reaction and gave me some steriods called Xyzal and prescribed me some pain killers but I feel a little worried taking those together. Very concerned because I have no idea whats going on with my face!
BY far the most common problem would be an alllergic dermatitis. If it gets worse see a dermatologist

JCHMD