Red, Puffy, Crusty Eyelids
About 5 months ago - out of the blue - the bottom of my right eyelid and the upper corner of my left eyelid got swollen and very red. Under the right eyelid (not near the lashes) I get a hard crust that looks like dead skin. I have tried many doctors, but nobody can give me an answer. The first diagnostic was bacterial conjunctivitis and the medication they gave me reduced the redness and swelling. After I finished the treatment, the very next day my eyes went back to the same red, swollen, crusty condition. After that, the diagnosis was changed to Blefaroconjunctivitis. The medication controlled it but, again, once I finished the treatment, it was back. Then the doctors said it was allergies - but allergy medication doesn't work (I was given Rupax for allergies). I’m desperate. I am a 38 year old female and this condition has really given my self-esteem a huge blow. It looks like I've been beaten and it has been too many months with the same condition now and getting rid of the crust and constant cleaning just makes my eyelids puffier and even more red. Any suggestions???  Here is a list of the medication I've used so far:
Terramicine
Gentamicine
Spersadexoline
Vigamox
Efemoline
Novo-Tears
Rupax
See a cornea and external disease specialist.   Find one on  AAO.org.

Dr. O.