Red, itchy, watery eye
I accidentally slept in my contacts last night, very rare that this happens but I did. I have soft contact lenses. Anyway I woke up and my eye is watery, itchy, and has been red all day. I took my contacts out about 6 hours ago and put some cvs eye drops in for red eyes. I just can't tell if it's improving or not. Should I wait until the morning to see if there has been any improvement? And if not, go to my eye doctor? What do you suggest?
Contact lens use can be associated with very serious eye infections, which can lead to loss of sight.  Leave both lenses out, wear your glasses, and see your eye doctor as soon as you can.  OTC eye drops which "get the red out" only constrict the surface blood vessels of the eye, and do not offer real therapy for a red eye.