Red, sore eyes that are sensitive to light
My eyes have been troubling me for some 2-3 months now.  I recently saw an ophthalmologist who diagnosed me with Blepharitis as well as with a pinguecula. She only examined my right eye and the whole thing took less than 20 seconds so I guess it was easy to tell. She ordered hot compresses in the morning but did not require me to come back for any follow up. I have been doing the hot compresses for 1 week now.

However, my eyes are still troubling me. Symptoms are roughly:

Right eye: Red and veiny from nose to iris. Burning, stinging pain that is quite bad. Very sensitive to light - even indoor light. Feeling of foreign object. This is the eye with the pinguecula.

Left eye: soft pink/red between nose and iris with the rim of iris being more red. This eye too is very sensitive to light.

I also have a  dull, aching pain from "behind" both eyes as well as around the eyes ( feels almost like sinus pain). This has gotten a lot better after I started with the compresses though.
I don't have any discharge from either eye nor do they feel itchy or dry.

So my questions are:
What should I expect from the hot compress treatment? Specifically, will the stinging , burning pain in my right eye get better with time? The photo sensitivity? How long might it take?
Can they really don't do anything to get the redness out of my eyes? It looks like I have varicose veins in them - or like I've partied all night.  Not good.
How long should I wait before going back to the ophthalmologist (or go to a new one)?

Your thoughts on any or all of these questions are much appreciated. Thanks.
I really think things are more complex than "just use warm compresses and that will make it better."  You may need to use artificial tears for irritated, dry eyes and possible some other type of drops for chronic redness and irritation of pinguecula.  Some oral supplements like flax oil can also be helpful.  Anyway - perhaps you need to get a little more thorough exam and least have a second chance to ask questions and interact with doctor.

MJK MD
Thank you for your reply!

I followed your recommendations (artificial tears, flax seed oil, second opinion etc) and at my last visit with my (new) ophthalmologist he was able to express oil from both eyes.
This was after a more aggressive treatment regimen which included compresses and massage 3 times/day as well as antibiotic ointment.
Eye doc said to keep it up and to come back in a couple of months. I have also scheduled an appointment for the pinguecula.

The pain and tenderness are generally much better and today  - which may an unusually good day - my eyes feel almost normal (!) for the first time in months. I hope that I'm on an upward trajectory here......
My eyes are sore red they sting and are sensitive to light and environment I been to the doctor's n gave me cream to remove the inflammation which is gone but still have these symptoms any advice
My wife has the exact same symptoms you have and we have not been able to figure out exactly what it is. We currently have no money or insurance to go to the doctor. Is there any over the counter drops or meds that might help or get rid of the problem? Help is much needed here thanks