Red, swollen, itchy eyes
I have a recurring condition that affects both of my eyes (more the right than the left). It begins with a burning sensation, then I awake in the morning with swollen, itchy eyes that are red on my eyelids and below my eyes almost to my cheek bones.  I am left with scaley, sagging skin above and below my eyes, and bags of fluid that collect under my eyes right above my cheek bones.  My skin responds as though it has been burned by crusting over and collecting fluid.  It's painful and the only thing that helps is cortisone shots, which I don't want to take the rest of my life. Please help me with some direction as to what kind of physician I should see and what my condition might possibly be.  Thank you, in advance, for any help you can send my way.
I think you have an allergic problem. First you should get an eye examination at an ophthalmologist to have a correct diagnosis, and then have allergy tests done to find the reason.
Cold compress helps always.  
-