Eye Care Community
Red Left eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Red Left eye

My left eye has been a bit red from past 2 weeks. It's little reddish in the morning but gets better over the day and looks mild red by noon. I don't have anything coming out of eye like in case of conjuctivitis. I have also been getting good sleep (7-8 hours) and work stress has been moderate to high sometimes.

The only problem I see is that, I get strained little sooner when I use computer and feel little dryness. I saw my physian today and he thought it may be some infection and prescribed sulfacetamide. He however said, he'd recommend me to an opthamologist next week. I just want to seek your opinion as getting appt and going to opthamologist may take a while.

Thanks in advance and I'd really appreciate your answers.

Sri
There are so many causes of red eyes that it is not helpful to speculate on the cause in your case. Get in to see the Eye MD ophthalmologist in the near future.

JCH III MD