Eye Care Community
Red blood Spot

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Red blood Spot

5873492?1278348692
I am Keyur Gajjar and i don't know how i got little big red spot next to my eye in white area .. it is round and around about 3 mm or 4 mm red Spot , i think there was no spot before yesterday or 2 days .. it is looking bad . can you help for this. please there is no itching in eyes ..

i am sure that it was not before few days back  , here i have attach the picture of my eye it is right eye please help me i am student i don't have insurance
If this came up suddenly then its almost surely a subconjunctival hemorrhage which is a broken capillary on the outer layer of the eye. If no pain and no reduced vision then generally do not worry as they are very common and rarely a sign of anything serious.

If its been there weeks to months  or years then it could be a blood vessel growth (angioma) and need to see an eye MD.

JCH MD
Thank you for your reply , it is suddenly i see it was not before a days and week it is suddenly i saw it and how much time it will take to recover and what precaution to take in food & Beverages ?
It usually takes me a week or two for those to disappear...unsightly but otherwise harmless.
You can do anything you want, eat what you wish. It will go away by itself like a bruise. How long to clear depends on amount of blood. It often looks bigger for several days and the blood settles. For yours I would say a week to 10 days to clear.

JCH MD