Eye Care Community
Red bump in inner corner of eye?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Red bump in inner corner of eye?

I'm sixteen and for the past six months I've had a red bump in the inner corner of my left eye. It is not on the eyeball nor is it on the eyelid; it is near/on the tear duct I suppose. It didn't bother me at first, and I assumed it was a sty. It itches, though, and ocassionally it will bleed (causing pain and discomfort when I close my eyes). Also, my this eye gets dry quite often and I don't know whether that could be from allergies or another result of this bump. Does anyone know what this may be, and if so how I would go about getting rid of it? It hasn't interfered with my vision (it was already ruined) but it has become an annoyance. Thank you!!!

Rachel
If it hurts and bleeds and its been there 6 months it needs to be looked at by an ophthalmologist. Find one near you at www.aao.org

JCH MD