Eye Care Community
Red-eye from camera flash in one eye only

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Recently I noticed that in quite a few pictures of my 1 year old son that the "red-eye" only appears in one of his eyes or is more noticeable.  I've looked at the pictures again to see if he is usually sitting at the same angle to the camera, but he isn't.  Is this something I should be concerned about??
Yes you should be concerned. It could represent a subtle misalignment of the eye or problems in the backpart of the eye. See a Eye MD ophtalmologist soon, ideally a pediatric ophthalmologist. Find one near  you at www.aao.org

JCH MD