Red irritated eyes!
I have been experiencing problems with my eyes for about 9 years now I am 39 yrs old.  I have pinguecula's the one in my right eye is worse, I use restasis for chronic dry eye, I have tear duct plugs that were put in about 3 months ago and I use artificial tear drops any where from 3 to 8 times a day and on top of all this I wear tinted lenses while at work under the harsh flourescents and I always wear sunglasses outside.  We do live in a dry climate and I take 10mg of fluexotine daily which I have been told contributes to my eye problems, I also take allergy meds daily.

I am so frustrated with always having red watery & irritatated eyes especially my right eye, it is the worst!  Is there anything else I can do to help be more comfortable, and take care of my eyes.  Can constant discomfort and dryness cause permanent damage?  Is there surgery for the pinguecula even if it is not over my iris? Please help!
You need to see a cornea and external disease specialist.

Dr. O.