Eye Care Community
Red line in vision in stress

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Red line in vision in stress

Hello guys, I need an explanation on this:
today i checked my oxygen saturation in Finger Pulse Oximeter (in College)and my readings were
pulse - 67 (it showed normal 60-130)
O2-   98%
when i put stress on my brain(stop breathing and try to push air inside lungs out) my new  readings were
pulse -174
O2-  --   (not shown by meter)
when i started breathing again at that moment ,i saw RED lines either horizontal or vertical in my vision like a CRO display .
one each of horizontal and vertical on left ,one vertical  in middle, one horizontal on right.
Iooked away and they were still there.(total 3 sec)
So i closed my eyes and relaxed and they were gone.
Could somebody explained what happened?Dd my eyes be damaged  with such attempt?
Tags: coloured lines, high blood pressure, Red Line, red line in vision, eyes
Go on the internet and read about "valsalva maneuver" that's what you did to yourself and it temporarily reduced flow to your brain and eyes. It's not a good thing to do voluntarily, its of use when passing stool, you did not damage your eyes.

JCH MD

JCH MD
Thanks Sir,
I was worried, I won't repeat it
Good plan.
JCH MD