Eye Care Community
Red spot in eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Red spot in eye

I am a 25 year old female. I have a red spot in my eye from many years. My doctor has told me that it has been caused due to inflammation of the nerves inside my eye. Since it does not hurt, my doctor has recommended me not to do anything about it. But sometimes when my eyes are strained, the red spot turns redder and my eye starts twitching.
Can anyoone please tell me why this red spot has formed and how can it be removed?

Thanks for your help in advance.

I can not tell from your description.  Ask your ophthalmologist.

Dr. O.
I have the same problem. Its been there for years and is getting worse. My ophthalmologist put me on Restasis for severe dry eye but it is not solving the problem. It gets really bad when I read a book or use a computer for more than an hour.