Eye Care Expert Forum
Red spot/ring on inner part of right eye cornea? Came back after "...

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Red spot/ring on inner part of right eye cornea? Came back after "treatment"

I had a couple weekend nights where i was required to be up late and had my contacts in way too long. This was a month ago. A week after those nights, my right eye was always feeling irritated and stratchy/itchy when i had my contacts in. If i wore them for too long, a red spot/ring would form on what i believe is the side of my cornea closer to my nose. After wearing contacts that week, the pain was unbearable and had to see a doctor. He told me i had some infiltrates and to stop wearing contacts for the next 3 weeks. Over that 3 weeks, I took lotemax, a distilled steroid eye drop, 3 times a day. Came back, he said infiltrates were gone, and all i had was some dry eyes ( which he gave me some eye drops for) and sent me on my way.

TODAY! I put in a new pair of contacts, they felt fine. Around 3 o'clock my contacts started feeling itchy/dry and just not comfortable anymore. Came home at 5 and took them out. My left eye feels fine, but the right eye shows many signs of irritation still. There was a redish ring around the inner side of my right cornea, along with a tiny red blotch branching off that semi-ring. The inner part of the eye feels dry, raw, and puffy, and alot of other feelings i can't describe. Point is it's still uncomfortable. Whatever I had before is back, and I believe i was misdiagnosed. What do you think it is?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, i didn't know where to put it.
Dear Bennyboytx,

I would recommend that you stop wearing your contact lens and seek the care of an eyeMD to determine the diagnosis.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California