Eye Care Expert Forum
Red spot/ring on inner part of right eye cornea? Came back after "...
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Red spot/ring on inner part of right eye cornea? Came back after "treatment"

I had a couple weekend nights where i was required to be up late and had my contacts in way too long. This was a month ago. A week after those nights, my right eye was always feeling irritated and stratchy/itchy when i had my contacts in. If i wore them for too long, a red spot/ring would form on what i believe is the side of my cornea closer to my nose. After wearing contacts that week, the pain was unbearable and had to see a doctor. He told me i had some infiltrates and to stop wearing contacts for the next 3 weeks. Over that 3 weeks, I took lotemax, a distilled steroid eye drop, 3 times a day. Came back, he said infiltrates were gone, and all i had was some dry eyes ( which he gave me some eye drops for) and sent me on my way.

TODAY! I put in a new pair of contacts, they felt fine. Around 3 o'clock my contacts started feeling itchy/dry and just not comfortable anymore. Came home at 5 and took them out. My left eye feels fine, but the right eye shows many signs of irritation still. There was a redish ring around the inner side of my right cornea, along with a tiny red blotch branching off that semi-ring. The inner part of the eye feels dry, raw, and puffy, and alot of other feelings i can't describe. Point is it's still uncomfortable. Whatever I had before is back, and I believe i was misdiagnosed. What do you think it is?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, i didn't know where to put it.