Eye Care Community
Redness and pain to right eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Redness and pain to right eye

My right eye has been red for a week. The eye hurts and is sensitive when I move it as well as when I close it completly. I continuiouslly feel as if there is stuff in the counter of my eye as you get when you wake-up in the morning, but there is nothing in my eye when I touch the counter. The eye feels as if I have a headace above iton my eyebrow. In the morning it is some what swollen but after showering it is not. My eye does NOT feel as if it is scratched or has been scratched. I have used eye drops and nothing has changed.

Any help would be good with meds of over the counter. I have used a tea-bag and warm compress.

Your symptoms do not lend themselves to self treatment. See an Eye MD ophthalmologist. Find one near you at www.aao.org

JCH MD
I used a heat compack tonight and my eye has become better, at least feels better.
-