Reduced acuity, floaters and droopy eyelid
I have been experiencing problems for about 4 months. It started when I had a sinus infection after a holiday in my home country.

At first I noticed that my left eyelid was consistently sitting lower than my right, the vision in the left eye was slightly blurred at longer distance compared to my right eye. I put this all down to the sinus infection at the time. I'm not sure if this was always happening but lately I have noticed a line that seems to follow my field of vision when I am looking around outside (not noticeable indoors).

I am living a country with less than stellar healthcare. I finally went to an eye specialist yesterday and after the exam she said she could see the floaters but it was not too much to worry about. I could not read the bottom line with my left eye on the acuity test but could with the right. She prescribed me 'Vitrolenta' which contains potassium iodide and sodium iodide. This is to be used 4 times a day with 2 drops in the left eye only. She said to come back in a few months if there is no change.

She seemed pretty dismissive of the lowered eyelid but I kind of get the feeling it might still be linked to the sinus infection, not that I know what I am talking about. I am thinking I might try and go for a second opinion but this is no easy task. I should be briefly back in the first world in September so I guess I might have to try and get a consult then.

If anybody has any idea it would be greatly appreciated.
I have never heard of those eye drops and cannot imagine that the chemicals in them would do any good.

If you mean your upper eyelid is droopy that is called ptosis and if it comes on suddenly and especially if you are young (say less than 60) it can be a sign of disease elsewhere in the body (myasthenia gravis, blood vessel problems in brain etc).  If you develop headache, double vision, dilated pupil its an emergency to see a neurosurgeon/neurologist

I would try and see a Eye MD in a modern medical country as soon as your can

JCH MD
I am only 24, looking at the eyelid I do wonder if it is swollen rather than droopy as I can feel the skin often sitting up against the bottom of the eyebrow.
Ptosis is defined as the level of the lower lid being lower than normal (usually the other side is used for comparison). If the skin of the lid is baggy or swollen or stretched due to age and hangs lower than the eyelid edge its not ptosis but false (pseudo-ptosis) due to the lid problem.

Good luck
JCH MD