Eye Care Expert Forum
Refresh Liquigel for Herpes Infection

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Refresh Liquigel for Herpes Infection
Hi Doc,

I have recovered from herpes zoster eye infection last month which this virus attached me on February. I did see some eye expert and was told that the the virus loves nerves.I was on medication and maxidex eye drop. But there are times I can see red nerves go towards my eyeball. I was told I do not need maxidex and to use refresh liquigel whenever I need it. Does this refresh liquigel really work as I can see the red nerves on my eye.

Please advice me.
Refresh liquigel is a lubricant. If your redness is due to dry eyes it will help. Maxitrol is too strong and has steroids in it.  

JCH III MD