Repair of torn iris/anterior lens options
One year ago I had surgery to remove a shifted posterior lens (from '97 cataract surgery).  It was replaced with an anterior lens.  In the process, the iris was torn to the extent that the new lens does not completlely cover my enlarged pupil, resulting in light "ghosts" to left of object light plus "ghosts of those ghosts" to right of object light.  Vision 20-60, at best.  

Regarding my "ghost" issue I've been told a LARGER (custom) lens is improbable due to extensive FDA approval process.  Does FDA control SIZE of lens?  As in, does FDA control SIZE of breast implants?  Regarding iris repair,  the answers I've received have been ambiguous, at best.

I'm looking to get factual answers to larger lens and/or iris repair possibilities, as I feel my Ophtamologist is negative to my questions regarding correction options and would just as soon see me go away.
Who can understand the government, especially the FDA which in my opinion is dysfunctional.

JCH MD
heyrabbit1 - I am also having the same problem with a torn iris from a blunt trauma to my eye.  My pupil is permanently enlarged and the lower region appears "jagged" and shows signs of a torn iris.  As a result, I have the same "ghost" issues that you described.  Any light source or white objects makes the "ghosting" more intense.  Have you found any torn iris repair options?
=