Eye Care Expert Forum
Replacement lenses (same rx) causing headaches
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Replacement lenses (same rx) causing headaches

2 years ago I got an eye exam and glasses and was very pleased with the results. My eye doctor advertises a 2 year warranty on all lenses, so I went back to the office and they agreed to do a no-cost replacement on the lenses since the transitions no longer worked.

As soon as I left the office I noticed that the vision in my left eye was more blurry than it had been before they replaced the lenses, and also I noticed that the vision in my right eye appeared to be more crisp at a distance than it had previously been.  However, over the next few days I noticed that my close vision (particularly on the right) is blurry....it's as if the prescription is too strong on the right so I am having to focus too much to read. I could deal with all of this, but what I can't handle is the intense headache that I get every day, starting about 5 minutes after I put my glasses on in the morning and only subsiding when I close my eyes or take off my glasses. I absolutely never had this problem with the old lenses, so I went back to my eye doctor. They are insisting that everything about the replacement lenses is exactly the same as the old lenses, but that is clearly not the case since I never had these vision or headache problems before and had them immediately with the replacement lenses.

They state that they already returned the old lenses back to the lab to be destroyed and they reluctantly agreed to schedule another appointment with the eye doctor where she will look at my prescription and my lenses. I suspect that she will simply tell me that the vision problems and headaches are a result of my vision having changed over the last 2 years (which it has, but again I never had this degree of vision difficulty and never had headaches at all until they replaced the lenses). What, specifically, should I ask the office to check about the replacement lenses?

Thanks in advance for your time...