Eye Care Expert Forum
Restasis - Eyes Feeling Better

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Restasis - Eyes Feeling Better
I went to the doctor 2 days ago and learned that my punctal plugs that were put in 2 years ago are gone.  That explains why my eyes have been feeling so dry lately.

So I'm on the Restasis regimen now.  I've used it 4 times now and I swear I'm noticing a difference.  Is this possible or am I just having a good day?  I've been told that it will take about 3 months for the drops to really become effective so I've been surprised at how good my eyes are feeling.

I'm feeling very optimistic about this.  I'm nearly 55 and have had dry eyes for about 30 years.  People who don't suffer from this don't realize how lucky they are.