Eye Care Community
Restasis - change in vision

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Restasis - change in vision

I've had difficulty with intermittent blurred vision for over a year. All neurological tests have been negative.  Two months ago, my eye doctor changed my prescription slightly, and also suggested I try Restasis to see if maybe my eyes were just dry. I haven't noticed much of a change. I went today for a recheck.  I read the eye chart with my right eye and did OK, but I could barely see the top line with my left eye. I was very shocked, as this has never happened before. The doctor ran several tests, but couldn't find anything definitely wrong with the left eye.  He told me to stop the Restasis since it might be causing the change, and he'll check me again in one month.  I find it hard to believe that Restasis would be causing this, since the change is in one eye only.  I'm wondering if anyone has had this experience with Restasis?  Thank you.  
I have not seen this in my Restasis patients.

Dr. O.
I am having the same issue since starting Restasis about 2 months ago. The first month my vision seemed to be fine, but around week 6, my left eye has become very blurry at all times. Even my up close vision, which I've never had issues with has become blurry, and fuzzy. Also, everything in my left eye looks very dim, almost a shade of blue. I went to an eye specialist last week about this, and he told me that there were no signs of anything wrong. When checking my vision, with my glasses on, I was seeing 20/50 out of my left eye, while my right eye was seeing 20/20. I am very concerned about this, especially since the doctor said that there were no obvious signs of anything wrong, and that he didn't know what the problem was. When stopping Restasis, did your blurred vision get better? I see that your comment was written quite some time ago, but I am curious as to what happened for you, and if things got better? Thank you!
I started Restasis in October, at first it seemed to help daily, the past 3 weeks I too have noticed vision changes mostly in one eye.  My eyes also itch and seem to blur and tear to the point the tears run down my face.  I will be making an appointment this week.  I am thinking I have become allergic to Restasis.  Do you have itchy eyes?  And how long did you use it before noticing problems?   Please post if you learn more about this.

kch