Eye Care Community
Restor cataract implants
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Restor cataract implants

I have bilateral cataracts with numerous sx & will be having them done in Dec. The MD, knowing I was on Medicare & wanted not to wear glasses after surgery offered me a deal ($500 q eye) on the above captioned implants as the company had overcharged him & owed him a pair. He is a very nice man so please, I am not impugning him in any way.
My question is in reference to the product. I can't seem to get quality info on pros/cons for this vs. the "normal" Medicare model. This is what I would like to know. I don't want a bunch of problems w/my eyes after surgery or w/the implants. Sooner wear glasses than that.
Lots of stuff on the Internet was scary & seemed inflated.
Please advise & thank you.
God Bless
d
Related Discussions
10 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Search all the comments posted on this forum.  I had these Restor in June and have ghosting and blurring vision. I am not happy with them.This I find is normal for the restor lens. So beware and do your homework.  
Blank
Your best bet for a problem-free outcome is aspheric monofocal lenses.  If you want to minimize your dependence on glasses, then have your lenses set for blended vision (distance vision in dominant eye, intermediate in non-dominant eye).  If all goes as planned, you'll only need glasses for prolonged reading or seeing small print.  Check out the patient education video at www tecnisiol com for more information about what aspheric monofocal lenses can do for you.
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
I agree I would not have a multifocal IOL put in my eye. Chose monofocal aspheric. Much less expensive and safer

JCH MD
Blank
643874_tn?1223489045
Thanks for the info. Reviewed the video.
Are these lenses covered my normal insurance or more costly?
Do you have them?
Thanks
d
Blank
643874_tn?1223489045
Thanks Dr. John. Short & sweet!
d
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
Your are welcome

JCH MD
Blank
There is no additional fee for AMO's Tecnis monofocal lens (which Dr. Hagan favors).  My surgeon only used Alcon lenses, so I got Alcon's aspheric monofocal lens (the AcrySof IQ)--with excellent results.  Bausch & Lomb also makes an aspheric monofocal lens.  Any of the three would be a good choice (IMO).  
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
-
Blank
643874_tn?1223489045
thanks for your information
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
-
Blank
Post a Comment
To