Restor implants for cataracts
Hi.  I am 54 yrs. old and had significant rapidly growing cataracts. I had Restor lenses implanted in July and August and had the Yag Laser treatments on both eyes for secondary cataracts (last one completed in Oct.). I now have corrective glasses for distance and for reading. Inspite of my glasses, my right eye is still hazy as tho there is a smudge in the eye. It is never as clear as the left eye.  I was told that it was because of the type of implant I had for the eye and that my brain would get used to it. This does not make sense because the left eye sees clearly and the right eye does not. Both eyes are a little dry and I am using drops. Both eyes also had corneal cuts for astigmatism. Could the implant get dirty or something else be wrong with it?
I would say its time for a second and possibly a third opinion. Your problem could be 'waxy vision" or "vasoline" vision associated with the older model ReStor IOLs.  
Find other qualified eye MD s near you at www.aao.org

JCH MD