Eye Care Community
Restricted Vision
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Restricted Vision

Some 9 weeks ago I had cataract surgery with toric lens implant  in my left eye. Within a week of the surgery I noticed a dark curvature on the top left of my eye. It feels like some one has placed a blinker blocking my vision. Most annoying and frustrating.  My Opthormologist says all is well and things should settle in approx. 3 months from surgery. I am not too sure about his prediction as every day that goes by my eye gets quite watery, runny and itchy. Can anyone in the Medical Community please comment on my experience and do I need any immediate attention before matters could get worse?
Tags: eyes
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
You need to wait at least 3.5 - 4months,thats the time it took for my vision get better,ittchy watery and runny,is done to the surgery ,i.e dry eye,healing remember you eyes have been cut and tampered with it takes times,you just need to ride it out  it will get better,especially when you come of your eye medication,something which I had which helps alot is FLAXSEED OIL I swear by it teaspoon in morning teaspoon in evening,should ease the itchy watery runny eyes alot
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
Ready the recent posting about "negative dysphotopsia" or "temporal darkness". These are generally reflexes generated by the IOL.

JCH MD
Blank
Thank you for your comment. Have read the posting with interest.
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
-
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity