Retinal Hemorrhage and Hyphema
My 79 yr. old mother fell into the corner of a wall hitting the right side of her head just above the eye.  Kaiser has diagnosed her with hyphema but yesterday told us that there was a hemorrhage behind the retina that is causing blindness.  She cannot see anything out of the right eye although Sunday she said that things looked like "shattered glass" - now nothing.  The doctor simply said that she probably won't regain any sight in the right eye.  Isn't there something that can be done?  I know that time is of the essence here.  Thanks
Hopefully Kaiser has a mechanism for obtaining a second opinion. If so ask for a second opinion from a different retina eye md even if it means driving to a second office. Last choice would be to go outside the Kaiser system and see another independent retina ophthalmologist.

JCH III MD
duplicate postin