Eye Care Expert Forum
Retinal degeneration prevention

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Retinal degeneration prevention
I had retinal degeneration and my doctor advised not to do bungee jump, jogging.

Should I avoid becoming a taxi driver? (driving everyday full time)
Would vibrations/shocks of vehicle worsen the retinal degeneration?

Do I need to avoid doing push ups or weight lifting?

I need more information, but I highly doubt that you should need to restrict being in a taxi or pushups. There are multiple types of retinal degeneration.

Best wishes,
Timothy D. McGarity, M.D.
This is the memo written by the eye doctor when she wanted to refer me to a specialist:
"Findings: Retinal degeneration at interior retina (OU)"

The eye specialist mention about symptoms of detachment, also told me to watch out for floaters, or flashes, or something like a curtain blocking the vision. The eye specialist told me there is lots of degeneration on the side.