Eye Care Expert Forum
Retinal reattachment surgery

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Retinal reattachment surgery
after 7 weeks I still have a bubble in my, will this thing ever reabsorb, and if not what can be done? Also, my vision improvement has slowed. I can see out of it but cannot focus distance wise. I still taking a drop a day of predisone, will this help me focus after I stop this? Also vision wise my vision is still really blurry distance wise. Do you think seven weeks out of surgery that I better get use to seeing this way and not expect it to get any better. I really would like a truthful answer as I am getting really uneasy about these results.
You need to ask your surgeon.  Every case is different.  I do  not know you refraction, cataract status, and macular status.

Dr. O.
I am in the same boat as you. Going on 8 weeks and still have 25% gas bubble and real poor vision, but I do have a cataract from the bubble.  50% do I'm told. Retina guy says cataract is the cause the cataract guy says just some of the poor vision is from that. I just want my vision back, the eye is useless its so bad 21/600 at night under low light I,m really blind.

Gas bubble can take 10 weeks to be gone I'm told, mine keeps breaking up and now you can tell its spinning around in there. Since the vision is so bad I wear a eye patch because it is so different from my other eye you can stand it the 2 eyes ar fighting each other.
I am in the same boat ...been eight weeks, and vision is bad and horrid pain. Dr is honest told me I have scar tissue, as well starting. Had right eyes secured with laser welds and its devloping clodiness same as the left. I dont know where I stand I know that site is going to just get worse. I cant be upset with Dr. he has been upfront and honest, the eye is a unique thing and Dr's can only do what they can do. Just keep your thoughts up,,,,,