Right Eye Always Watery
My right eye is always watery.  It really annoys me because I constantly have tears running down my face and smearing my make-up.  I recently got new glasses and am trying to get used to them.  But, I am worried that something is wrong with my eye.

The eye doctor did glucoma (dont know if I spelt it correctly) tests on my eyes and said my right eye (the one that always waters) is slightly higher than usual but he sees no signs of eye problem.  My SPH in that eye is -4.00.

He did mention that I may have dry eyes.  Is that possible?  To have dry eyes when my eye is always wet with tears (or whatever the watery stuff is)?

Should I see an eye specialist?
Yes, see an ophthalmologist.  The new name for "dry eye syndrome" is not tears dysfunction syndrome because some people have a totally dry eye and some people have lots of tears but they don't lubricate the eye properly.

JCH MD
Make that "now is tears dysfunction syndrome....."
JCH MD
I have this problem.  I wake in the morning and can hardly see, my eyes are so dry then throught the day they water like mad.  I've even considered tattooing eyeliner!  I've had it for many years, some days are good, some days just one eye, some days are so bad I can't wear makeup at all and both eyes are smarting and watering all day.  People say don't cry .... aaarrrgh!
About 9 years ago I had surgery for a new tear duct which worked for a while, but problem is back.  So the only thing to do is keep your eyes moist.  I use a spray rather than drops.  If you're going to use drops, use the type that have a lubricant in.  Ask the pharmacist rather than over the counter products.
Hope this helps.
J
-