Eye Care Expert Forum
Right Eye Lower eyelid flickering

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Right Eye Lower eyelid flickering
For the Past one week my Right eye lower I Lid is Flickering and bothering me. Not sure what is causing it. I play Golf and this is not letting me concentrate. I am a software Engineer. Is this something I need to worry and go see aDoctor or is it something I can do. Only one thing different I did is Swing on the pool couple of times.

Any help greatly appreciated.
This is called myokymia and related to stress, caffeine, lack of sleep, or irritation.  Reduce caffeine, get plenty of sleep and relax more and it should improve in a week or so.

MJK MD