Eye Care Community
Right Eyeball pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Right Eyeball pain

I have been having pain in my right eyeball for the past 2 days. I have been having this sometime before(not requent though,may be when I had severe fever and so on). It aches when I try to move my eyeballs or strains when i try to see somethign through my right corner.
What can be the reason for this? Some people say this might also be associated to indigestion. Is this true?
No way on the indigestion angle. There are so many causes of eye pain that it is mere speculation to hazard a cause. You should see an Eye MD physician (ophthalmologist) to establish a diagnosis.

JCH III MD
Hi ,
I have been having the same symptoms for the past 5 days. Did you figure out what was wrong?

-----------------------------------
I have been having pain from the inside on my right eye since friday last week, when it hurts i could the pain runs from the righr eyeball to the eyebrow and on the left eyebrow. it seems like migraine but its been doing the same thing every single day especially nightime. After taking mefenamic acid it would eventually relieve the apin until the next night. I normally go to bed around 4am like recently and last night i tried not to go online and just go to bed early, thinking it could also because i lack sleep, but today as I woke up the pain is still there and now hurts like hell.
Do i need a CT-scan or just go to my Eye doctor?
drix19
See an Eye MD ophthalmologist. Find one near you at www.aao.org
dJCH MD
Hi, i have had Type1 Diabetes for 27 years now and for the last day my eye's have been painful when i have to look up or strain them! I have noticed red lines appearing in both eye's and some blood vessels on the top of my eyelid (where i would place my eyeshadow)  

Obviously, i am going to speak to my speacialist about this, but i would like to know what he is maybe going to tell me so i can prepare myself.

Thank you