Eye Care Expert Forum
Ripple in My eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Ripple in My eye
My Opthomoligist informed during my check-uo that I had a ripple in one of my eyes.  I know that I have a stigmatism in this eye and dry eye, but what does the ripple refer to, the cause, and the correction.
A "ripple" is not a precise term. You will need to ask the ophthalmologist that used the term what it means and where the problem is.

JCH MD

Dear garymlevy53,

Thank you for your recent question.  I can only respond with more questions, what part of the eye has the ripple? What are the symptoms you are having?  What did he or she recommend?  I would recommend that you become more informed about your condition.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California