Eye Care Expert Forum
Ripples in Vision

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Ripples in Vision

I'm 47 and recently have noticed "ripples" in my vision in the morning - similar to those that have preceded a migraine for me in the past.  A headache does not usually develop and if it does, it is very mild.  This is happening almost daily.  My vision seems to clear by mid-morning.  Note that while I used to get migraines as a teenager, I rarely get them now - maybe once a year.
Tags: vision, ripple
Dear Katie53224,

I would recommend that you seek the care of an eyeMD and obtain a complete history and examination to determine the diagnosis and treatment, if indicated.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California