Eye Care Expert Forum
SEVERE MYOPIA IN ONE EYE

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

SEVERE MYOPIA IN ONE EYE

Hi , i am 22yrs old. I hav severe myopia in my right eye and completely no sight in another eye. When i was in class 6 all the students of our class were taken for eye checkup that is how i came to know that i am having sight in one eye.Then i consulted eye specialist i was given glasses with only one side transparent and other opaque. I used them for not so long as a result of which now the sight grew so much in one eye and also my eyes look crossed sometimes when i am viewing in some directions. After consulting another doctor recently i was given contact lens as now the eye cant be treated with laser. Now i want to know if i use the lens will the sight of my eye gets stagnated at the same level or continue to increase.Also will i be facing any problems in future ?
Please help me out and i would sincerly appreciate if some one gives reply

Thanks in advance
The glasses would not be expected to make your vision get better and better. It will not improve any reduced vision due to refractive amblyopia or myopic degeneration.

Yes, the older you get the more likely you are to have additional problems due to "severe myopia"

You should be under the care of a Eye MD ophthalmologist-physician and should have a minimum of one exam each 12 months.

JCH III MD
Thank you very much sir for your immediate response.
You're welcome

JCH III MD