SWOLLEN EYELID
SIR
I had a cataract (right eye) surgery 3 years back. Everything went marvellous. Now I noticed that my upper eyelid is  getting swollen and looks as if am sleepy.Other than swollen eyelid my eye  is getting half closed.
I went to see my doctor. As usual, after getting examining he seemed not to bother and said that everything was OK even the clear difference between the two eyes,
What do you suggest as am completely destroyed to see my eye getting worse and cant look at myself in the morror.

Waiting for a firm answer

Thanks may Allah bless
I would strongly suggest you get a second opinion as your symptoms are worrisome and could indicate serious problems within the eye or eyelid.  Perhaps you can ask your Eye surgeon for a second opinion. If you don't feel comfortable doing that then ask your personal ph;ysician to arrange a consult, or go to a medical school Dept of Ophthalmoloyg. Take in some full face photos of you taken 3-4 years ago so the Eye MD can see if the lids are swollen.

JCH MD