Eye Care Community
Salzmann's Nodulectomy Healing Time?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Salzmann's Nodulectomy Healing Time?

I have had Salzmann's Nodulectomies in both eyes.  The left eye was done in November of last year and it healed in approximately 3 - 4 months.  My right eye was done in April and it is healing much slower, meaning I still have multiple comets around lights at night and ghosting during the day around bright/fluorescent lights.  I'm concerned that the procedure actually induced more mixed astigmatism, as I now have more astigmatism than I did before the procedure.  

Has anyone had Salzmann's Nodectomies and, if so, what was your healing process like?  I'm wondering if another procedure could be done to smooth out the cornea.  I had LASIK, so I'm not a candidate for the diamond-bur polishing or laser treatments.  Also, I have possible Sjogren's Syndrome.  I have a checkup scheduled in a couple months.  Thanks for any thoughts!
Like people Salzmann's comes in all sizes, shapes and numbers plus different location on the cornea. It's likely that this last slower healing eye had more, bigger nodules that were closer to the center of the cornea.

JCH MD