Eye Care Community
Scar after chalazion surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Scar after chalazion surgery

I had a surgery to remove a chalazion from my upper right eyelid. Unfortunately it seems I will need a second one. The doctor did the cut from the outside, which means I will means I will have a bigger scar.

After the surgery, I would like to do something to attend this scar. What are the options? I thought of a dermatologist; any other suggestion?

I am aware very probably will never be the same, but I would like to minimize as much as possible the damage. Could you please also comment on this?

Thank you very much.
Dermatologist will not be any help at all. My suggestion would be to see a oculoplastic surgeon NOW prior to the second procedure. This is the ophthalmology specialty that does plastic eyelid surgery. if you live in the USA find one at www.aao.org

JCH MD
Thank you very much for your advise. Unfortunately I am in Berlin so I need to find one here. If you know where to find an ocuplastic in this city, please let me know.

Thank you very much again.
I know no one in Berlin professionally
JCH MD
thank you very much!
-