Scared and Unknown
Went to the eye specialist today and she said my optic nerves were severly swollen. There is some sorts of fluid unbelieveable pressure behind my eye and head. It greatly effects my eye site to the point I cannot read or drive. She ordered an MRI and Lumbar Puncture. I guess I dont really understand what is going on and the information was a bit overload. There was a term used I believe hyper-something or rather. What am I looking at and is it possible for you to claifiy what may be going on?
There are a number of things that can cause "swollen optic nerves": papilledema, optic neuritis, very low IOP, pseudopapilledma due to thing like optic nerve drusen, pseudo-tumor cerebri.  Most are quite serious. You will need to get information from your physicians. Write down your questions and ask the Eye MD managing your case.

JCH MD