Eye Care Community
Scleral Cyst + Migraines

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Scleral Cyst + Migraines

9070436?1367293502
I have this reoccurring scleral cyst (the white part) on my left eye. This has been going on for about 2 months now. It usually goes away without me doing anything. This time it's different. It is still rather small but I have this sudden sharp pain behind it and on my temple whenever I do anything that gets the blood flowing. Rather it being running or other various activities...

When the migraine hits it's sudden and hard (like a blunt object to the temple / eye socket). It almost makes me fall to my knees. Just in pain, not faint.
The pain has lasted all day today and I have taken several types of headache meds. It has eased a bit but it won't go away.

Now to my question. Do I need to go to the ER or consult an optometrist for this matter and is it related to the cyst?

I have included a photo. I took it the best I could.
(Sorry for such a long post I'm new here. Just trying to give some background. Thanks.)
The pictures are too blurry to offer any type of helpful suggestion. The sclera almost never forms cysts. What you have looks like a conjunctival cyst, which are common and not painful.

You need to see an Eye MD physician ophthalmologist not a non-MD, non-physician optometrist. Ask your family MD to refer you or go to www.geteyesmart.org to find one near you.

You should also visit with your family MD about the "migraines"

JCH MD
Okay, thank you for the insight. Any idea why these headaches are so painful and concentrated in that eye / temple area? This has been happening almost every day for the past week. Just touching that side of my head causes it to feel worse.

Not for sure, could be atypical migraine, sinus problem or cluster headaches.

See your MD and an Eye MD

JCH MD