Eye Care Community
See horizontal line throughout my vision, all the time...HELP!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

I have a question that I am hoping to get some help with. Two weeks ago, I was prescribed glasses to wear all the time. My right eye had been straining to compensate for the lack of vision in my left eye. In the left lens there are two different prescriptions and only one prescription in the right. My problem is, I have a horizontal line, all the time that goes from left to right, no matter if my glasses are on or off. Everything below the lines appears blurry and the line is about a 1/4" above the bottom frame. I'm also having a straining feeling in the back of my right eye most of the time (and I wear the glasses all day). This line is driving me crazy!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Seeing that line without glasses could be a serious symptoms of a problem such as a detached retina or macular swelling or blocked veins in the eyes.

See an Eye MD ophthalmolgist as soon as possible (like tomorrow morning)

JCH MD
First I want to thank you for responding to my question. I went to the ophthalmolgist today and strangely enough he found nothing wrong with my eyes. No detachment or swelling of the veins of any kind. I have no idea what to do now, as I just cannot stand the line I'm seeing, or the headaches I'm having (starting behind the right eyebrow). If you have any other suggestions, I'd really appreciate it. Even my family doctor doesn't know what to tell me. Thanks again!
If your eye horizonatal ine continues see a retina eye MD for a macular OCT.

JCH MD
Hello there, i was searching on the internet about "white line in my eye sight"
I see a  vertical line chasing my focus point on contrast objects (like computer screen and black perimeter)
It started after i went for an eye check up last year,and two days after i had a weird soft but crushing headache upset stomach i went to lie on the bed and  for my first time in my life i got vertigo, i started vomiting all night. And in the morning i called a helpline and told me to buy vertigo vomex pills.
After that i see these lines on both eyes... Go figure...
Oh and i regularly have these weird upset like headaches mostly on my back of my head.
And i cant stay on the computer sometimes from that time, I tend to lower the brightness.