Seeing Colored Spots
Since I was 15 I have had migraines that produce visual aura, the zig zag lines for approx 30 minutes followed by an intense headache.  However - Starting 3 months ago i have had a different type of ocular migraine -  I will see a colored spot or blob (definitely not floaters, i already have those and know what they are) These blobs/spots occur in alternating eyes and sometimes in both eyes for about 5-10 min then go away, however these episodes can last throughout the day several times.  And I've had them almost everyday for the past 2 months. There is no headache associated with seeing the colored spots however i do have a desk job where i am staring at the computer 7 hours straight, and this seems to have started and worsened the ocular migraines.  I went to a headache specialist yesterday and he said this condition was not indicative of a migraine and that I need to have an MRI performed to rule out anything such as a tumor,etc..
Additionally I have had a retinal tear in one eye approximately 3 months ago, Went to see my retinal surgeon and he told me it had nothing to do with the actual eye itself and that it HAD to be nurological.  I also have intense neck pain from sitting at my desk, not sure if this is related.  This is driving me crazy and I'm slightly worried it is serious.

Yes a retinal tear would not cause the types of spots/blobs you describe. Yes because things have changed you do need a neurological work up. Be sure you do not smoke and are not on birth control pills which can make migraine do damage.

JC MD
Just an update.... My colored blobs have gone away for the most part  I started my thyroid medication and the colored spots have gone from about 40 a day to 2 or 3 every other day. It's so great!  However, my sparkles of light have increased.  I have seen sparkles since the age of 19.  I first started seeing them when i looked at snow and now whenever I look at anything slightly bright, including computer screens i see those darned sparkles - they're everywhere.  It drives me NUTZ.    I have noticed the sparkles increase when my stress levels increase.  anyways, I would really appreciate if anyone could e-mail me and let me know about their special eye situation..It helps to know that others are dealing with the same things you are.

Thanks!
S
-
eye doctor say my eyes are healthy .I have seen color spots at 8 years old. First scared me living a nightmare. Then seeing cells or color have increase on the 4th of July 2012. However my vision is seeing was normal and good health. However I wear eye glasses now and vision have started to decrease in vision. With God always on the winning side I have victory of this matter. lorettataylor_2006***@**** or