Eye Care Community
Seeing Flasing lights
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Seeing Flasing lights

I don't have any headaches, but I am seeing flashing lights..  they start in the center of my eye and then they get bigger and bigger and then it just goes away.  They are jagged lines with color..  I have not pain at all.    
Related Discussions
233488_tn?1310696703
If you are talking about flashing lights that last 5 minutes to several hours then the usual cause is either eye migraine (often no headache) or transient ischemic attack (TIAs).

In any case they need to be checked out by an Eye MD physician (ophthalmologist). The older you are the less likely they are eye migraines and are some for of TIA caused by disease of the heart, brain or blood vessels.

Use the search feature on this page and look up "ophthalmic migraine, eye migraine, and TIA".

If you smoke and/or take birth control pills or estogren hormones its even more important to get in soon to have this checked.

JCH III MD
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank