Seeing Flasing lights
I don't have any headaches, but I am seeing flashing lights..  they start in the center of my eye and then they get bigger and bigger and then it just goes away.  They are jagged lines with color..  I have not pain at all.    
If you are talking about flashing lights that last 5 minutes to several hours then the usual cause is either eye migraine (often no headache) or transient ischemic attack (TIAs).

In any case they need to be checked out by an Eye MD physician (ophthalmologist). The older you are the less likely they are eye migraines and are some for of TIA caused by disease of the heart, brain or blood vessels.

Use the search feature on this page and look up "ophthalmic migraine, eye migraine, and TIA".

If you smoke and/or take birth control pills or estogren hormones its even more important to get in soon to have this checked.

JCH III MD