Seeing Tiny Colourful Dots
For my whole life, well, I do not remember about my childhood but for a long time I have been seeing tiny colourful dots that resemble the fuzziness on your t.v with the black/white dots and I always thought it was normal until I told my mom about it. It's everywhere. It can't be that I don't get enough sleep because I do so, I was wondering what this could be or if I should be  concern. My mom wants to take me to the doctors to get checked up but I don't want to waste their time if it's just nothing. Little help? I'd appeciate it =)

This discussion is related to 5 1/2 year old seeing "dots" or "sparkles".
Your mother should take you to an Eye MD ophthalmologist for a basic eye exam and you should tell the Eye MD about wht you see. Likely your exam will be normal the likely cause is entopic phenomena. Read the many posts about seeing dots using the search feature.

JCH MD
I used to see color patterns when I was a child, they came and went, and sometimes rearrange themselves. Mostly after I was put in bed and had a too active mind to go to sleep, but sometimes when I was up and about too. As I grew up I only saw these when I was very concentrated on something - playing music, contemplating on solutions to problems... and now I'm 28 I still see it, but only when I'm practicing zen meditation. If it's the same kind of things you see, then I believe it's not so much related to the health of our eyes, but probably shadows of an active mind that's nonetheless connected to our senses. Hope this helps.
I have been seeing spots since about 5 or 6 yrs old. now I am 20 yrs old and I think they're 'floaters', they used to just be spots but now they're lines and other shapes too. i've also been getting bright flashes of light increasingly for a couple of years. they appear as tiny pinpricks like a laser pointer and stay there for a couple of seconds, and they could be any colour but used to be mainly red and blue but now they're mainly purple. they happen randomly throughout the day and night and there's usually about 5 to 20 per day. a

Yeah, that is sort of the same thing to me. But it's not common, although I just see dots. I am kind of tired and I take Levothyroxine. I am going to go talk to my doctor about it tomorrow, so then I can find out if I need emergency help.