Seeing beams of light stretching from car head light and street light.
Have this problem for around 2 weeks, now. Every time I look at street light or car light there is few long beams of light stretching down.  And in the dark when I look at the monitor there is like a reflection or shadow below it. Once I open my eyes more, the beam and the shadow is almost completely gone. Is this serious?? Went to the optometrist she say I'm nearsighted but and getting glasses next week. Could this be a prescription problem. Thanks
Yes, probably with some astigmatism.

Dr. O.
My myopia is not very high and why did I notice this the next evening I wake up. It's strange, could it be something more serious?? I only not see few beams of light straight down but also short ones to the side. Once I open my eyes more little, its almost completely gone.
Just got the glasses but no improvement. Still see long beams stretching from light and reflection. The beams and reflection of light is gone when I open my eyes little wider. I'm so scared of this condition.  Could this be something serious like Corneal Dystrophy??
Same problem double above the original and goes away with eyes wide open and sometimes with blink. Long rays from light especially long ones that stretch down from light source. Any improvements??? Depressed about this
My problem started 3 years ago! Started seeing floaters then halos and now starburst! Now when I look at light and blink the light sends beams rite at my eyes?! Don't really know what's goin on? No headaches or anything so I think it's my eyes and nothing serious beyond that but input would put me at ease or.......
This happens to me too! For the past 2 and a half months I am unable to drive at night. The lights just get longer and when I open my eyes they turn into normal lights. This is incredibly depressing...

My girlfriend has been experiencing the same issues for about 2 months. We went to several MDs, but no diagnosis or proposed treatment so far.

Have you found a solution/cause of your problem?    

I'm looking forward for any replies!

Thank you!
I got it too.... I have it almost 2 years. I was trying to forget about this problem with streaks, beams from light sources (especially from TV, car lights), becouse doctors couldn't help me ( all was ok...), but it's impossible to forget. It is hard to live with that. So... maybe someone found a solution ??? All was started when i was getting floaters.
These are the possibilities:  refractive error such as myopia, astigmatism or farsighted; improper correction of these with glasses or contact; corneal disease especially irregular astigmatism or corneal loss of clarity; cataract formation, macular disease.

JCH MD
Thx for answer Doctor. I have myopia, it's -5,5 on right eye and -6 on left eye, and i have little astigmatism, but it's 0,25 or 0,5.  Can you explain why when i am opening my eyes wide, i can eliminate this strikes and beams, but when i am blinking it's longer. This strikes,beams seems looks this https://imageshack.com/i/p5ZXlab1j
https://imageshack.com/i/p7PJX6FZj
It looks like Keratoconus symptoms, but doctor examined me and he said i dont have this. Can Vitreous cause it ???Hope you can understand me, my English is not perfect ;].
Your description strongly suggests a corneal cause.  Be sure you have had a corneal topography test. JCH MD
strikes:
https://imageshack.com/i/p8qvtxrnp
i had topography. All was ok. I was examined by Pentacam machine.
streaking like you draw is typical of cataract however it would not go away with blinking. Vitreous and macula would not go away with blinking. The two things that blinking does  1. wet the cornea  so moderate or severe dry eyes might cause this but instilling artifical tears at night should elminiate.  2. blinking changes the shape of the cornea somewhat especially a forced blink. If you see it with your new best glasses on then the most likely cause would be some residual astigmatism or a small amount of irregular astigmatism. At night their is a myopic shift so that the glasses RX is somewhat different at night than during the day. Some of this is due to pupil size. If it is terribly disconcerting you might see if wearing contact lens eliminates it.  It's not likely a serious problem given the work up you've had.  JCH MD
I have been wondering why this happens to me for over a year now! Thank you, thank you for answering this question; I totally understand. You rock!
Happy to help. Happy Thanksgiving. JCH MD
I have the exact same problem but it doesn't go away with blinking. It goes away when I open my eyes wide, which I made me think it's my eyelashes. But I have had the same amount of eyelashes and I didn't have these problems before
=
Hello, I am back and still dont have solution for this problem. Seems, contact lenses dont want help ;/. Feeling terrible with this issue. I forgot to tell, that all this vision problems started 2,3 months after laser treatment on my retina ( i had holes). I am searching for people with this problem in internet and mostly, they get this after Lasik or other laser treatment, but some people " just" get it. I noticed strange thing... i can see reflected light on my internal part of eyelid, when i am pulling away eyelid from cornea. This reflected light on my eyelid looks like streak, light curtain ( depends on what light i am looking) and it's moving when i move my eyelid. And when my eyelid touches cornea i see streaks, beams in down part of light source. Is it possible, that this relfected light on eyelids do this strange vision problems ??? Here is my email if someone have this too and want talk about this: ***@****
Cant give e-mail, just leave private message if you want talk about this
Look over the postings for the last week or so. There is one discussion thread that is almost a 1000 postings and it has to do with people that have hard retina surgery that see lights, rays, streaks, etc. So it is common. When you pull your eyelid away from the eye and its better or goes away there are two explanations. It is a cornea problem and that lifting the lid reduces corneal astigmatism (regular like glasses correct or irregular due to corneal disease) or that the problem is related to vitreous traction on the retina and once again lifting the eyelid relieves some stress on the retina-vitreous traction and causes the symptoms to go away.  If glasses and contact lens did not help don't know how you can be treated. If its the retina again nothing can be done.  If you had "ptosis" where that eyelid was hanging too low and it was across the pupil than doing ptosis surgery to elevate the lid might help but you and the eye MDs that hard examined you should easily be able to see a drooping upper lid.
Thx for this. Interesting theory about vitreous traction. I will tell about it my next doctor ( i dont have one doctor, becouse i am looking someone who knows something about complications after laser treatments and who will be able to help me, maybe one day i will find ;]). One Doctor mentioned something about eyelid position. She suggested me to try botox first, becouse botox can raise my eyelids and change something with eyelids muscle. Then if this will work, suggested operation on eyelids. I need to say, after that laser treatment on my holes my eyelids are... heavy ?? I dont know how to explain excatly this feeling. I got one more question. Other Doctor mentioned, that laser could damaged my lens, collagen fibers excatly and this damage will be not able to see, even in microscope. Is it possible, that is something wrong with my lenses ??? Maybe that is some bad interraction between lens and ciliary muscles? I am thinking about replace my natural lens. I have high myopia, but i am worry about future problems with accomodation, not sure about this surgery.