Eye Care Community
Seeing beams of light stretching from car head light and street light.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Seeing beams of light stretching from car head light and street light.

Have this problem for around 2 weeks, now. Every time I look at street light or car light there is few long beams of light stretching down.  And in the dark when I look at the monitor there is like a reflection or shadow below it. Once I open my eyes more, the beam and the shadow is almost completely gone. Is this serious?? Went to the optometrist she say I'm nearsighted but and getting glasses next week. Could this be a prescription problem. Thanks
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
711220_tn?1251894727
Yes, probably with some astigmatism.

Dr. O.
Blank
My myopia is not very high and why did I notice this the next evening I wake up. It's strange, could it be something more serious?? I only not see few beams of light straight down but also short ones to the side. Once I open my eyes more little, its almost completely gone.
Blank
Just got the glasses but no improvement. Still see long beams stretching from light and reflection. The beams and reflection of light is gone when I open my eyes little wider. I'm so scared of this condition.  Could this be something serious like Corneal Dystrophy??
Blank
Same problem double above the original and goes away with eyes wide open and sometimes with blink. Long rays from light especially long ones that stretch down from light source. Any improvements??? Depressed about this
Blank
My problem started 3 years ago! Started seeing floaters then halos and now starburst! Now when I look at light and blink the light sends beams rite at my eyes?! Don't really know what's goin on? No headaches or anything so I think it's my eyes and nothing serious beyond that but input would put me at ease or.......
Blank
This happens to me too! For the past 2 and a half months I am unable to drive at night. The lights just get longer and when I open my eyes they turn into normal lights. This is incredibly depressing...
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...