Eye Care Expert Forum
Seeing pink tint in the morning

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Seeing pink tint in the morning
When waking up when it is daylight first eye opening I see my environment in pink tint. It lasts for very short while and then vision is normal. It never occurs longer. It happens three or four times per week. I was concerned but it never happens any other time of day. It lasts for a year, condition did not change. I didnt see it during winter because it was dark when waking up. Now I am 32 yrs old.
Thank you for answer.
I'm not sure what is causing this. Perhaps you have slow circulation and it takes some time to increase blood flow to the retina.  Try sleeping with your head up on a pillow, keep the room very dark while you sleep and take a multivitamin and get a good amount of exercise.  See an ophthalmologist for a complete exam.  The symptom in general is not terribly concerning but I would get a full exam nonetheless since I am not sure what exactly you are experiencing.

MJK MD