Eye Care Community
Seeing red spots

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Seeing red spots

I don't think that this has anything to do with my retina problems. During the last two weeks, I used the sink to  rinse my hair, meaning that I was bent over for 4-5 minutes. After, I have seen a bright, blood-colored spot after I had bent my head at the sink to rinse my hair. This is in my good eye, and the spot is  irregularly circular, about 2" in diameter. It dissapears after a minute or two.

On the other occasions that I have seen spots, I had not been holding my head down. About 9 months ago, I saw a red spot once, again in the good eye.. On several occasions during perhaps a single week, about 9 months ago, I saw purple blotches most of the time, but only when  when I opened my eyes. I can't remember if the purple blotches were in both eyes, or only the good one.

I told one of the retinologists about the red spot 8 months ago, and I said it probably was due to the fact that my contact had gotten stuck. He asked me if I really thought that. I said yes.

I just realized that, since all this happened during the last 9 months, could it possibly have to do with all the lasering (3-4 times) in the right eye? I can ask the retinologist's office that tomorrow. I wear a contact in the right eye. My eye tens to get irritated when I rinse my hair at the sink, since soap may get into my eyes. Could it be acontact
lens thing, like a broken capillary from irritation?

Can the eyes do something  like this from irritation?
I think its unlike that its external irritation. Your case is so complex that the retina Eye MD is in the best position to advise your.

Good luck and those are handsome cats your caring for.

JCH III MD
OK  I called today, but no luck. I will call again tomorrow.

About the cats. The mama taught the baby to run from me the first day I saw him. She has always run from me. She's a feral cat.

On night I put catnip in the baby's chair. He got mellow and I picked him up. Now he runs from me like hide and seek, not like a speeding locomotice. The mama doesn't always run, either now. She gives me a slow motion his if I come too near.

My sister thinks my strategies are working. They seemed to have settled in on my side porch.
my 12yr old daughter sees on occaision red (spots), she says that it's like everything is red.  her pediatrician says he has no idea and that it could be a number of things.  he's refrd her out...but we're not getting in right off.  either way...i searched and found this spot.
brandy's vision is better than 20/20...she can see/read the ity-bitty tiny print on the bottom of the chart from one eye to the other and with both of course.  
she's had the red coming and going at odd times for about a year now, and has not had a headache during or before.  i'm just at a loss for how to peg it, and she's bothered by it.
My 90 year old grandmother is saying she is seeing red items infront of her and areas which are white, she is saying are dirty. Is she loosing her sight?
Your grand mother needs to see an ophthalmologist as soon as possible. Call now. Find an Eye MD near you at www.aao.org
JCH MD