Eye Care Community
Seeing spots?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Seeing spots?

You know how when you look at a light and then look away you get those spots in your vision? I just randomly got that after leaving the bathroom. I have no clue if I accidentally looked at a light or not. It's possible because we have Christmas lights all around our walls. But again I don't know and it's really freaking me out. Usually it goes away after a few minutes but it's been like ten. I think the spots sort of went away but now it's like I'm seeing a shadow in the corner of my eye. I don't have an eye doctor. Do I need to see one? I'm not sure when I could..
UPDATE: I have a migraine now so I'm really thinking it was an aura. I asked some people in a group and they described their auras in the same way.. I am going to call my Neuro in the morning but just in case it wasn't an aura and I do have a retinal tear or something, what should I watch out for?
Sudden increase in floaters, flashes of light, or a "curtain" or shadow coming across your vision.