Eye Care Community
Severe Eye Pain in middle of the night

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Severe Eye Pain in middle of the night

I am experiencing a very sharp pain in my right eye at the top of my eyeball.  It happens usually only at night while sleeping. It feels like a sharp object is stabbing it.  I have been to an optomologist who found nothing wrong and suggested it is migraines.  I don't think he is right. I have tried drops to moisturize but they don't seem to help that much. The is sharp and wakes me in the middle of the night and it usually stings for several minutes before it subsides and often aches the next day.  Can anyone shed some light for me?  I am 42 years old, female and it relatively good health.

Thanks!