Severly dry eyes at night
I am a 23 year old female in good health.  I am nearsighted (-3.00/-3.50) and wear contacts.  During the days my eyes seem normal, maybe a little dry in the wind or if I spend a lot of time reading, but at night it is terrible.  I have tried many different kinds of eyedrops, but it doesn't seem to matter what/how much I use before bed, I am always getting up in the middle of the night with severly dry eyes and putting more eyedrops in.  Sometimes I can barely open and close my eyes they're so dry! This is uncomfortable and I can't imagine it's very healthy for my eyes.  any suggestions?  I've seen an eye doctor who just said use eyedrops more often, but that doesn't seem very practical at night.
Ok a few things: contact lenses can cause more eye dryness when you already have dry eyes.  If you have eye glasses wear them and stop wearing contact lenses.  If you are taking Vitamin A stop that it causes more eye dryness. CHANGE doctors - you may need Restasis.

Also buy the night time artificial tears.  It is like Vaseline in consistency.  
Wearing contacts with eyes that dry is an invetation to a potentially serious problem.  See an Eye MD ophthalmologist that specilizes in cornea disease (find one at www.aao.org)   Also use the search feature on this page and search "dry eyes". It will discuss all the things to help you.

You are likely going to need Restasis.  

In the meantime get Refresh-PM (ointment) or Genteal Gel (gel) and use at bedtime. Be sure you dont sleep under a fan or with air conditioning blowing over your face.

Restasis has DRAMATICALLY improved the treatment of dry eyes.

JCH MD