Eye Care Community
Shall i Remove ICL?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Shall i Remove ICL?

Dear Doctor,

I had a nearsight of -14 and -11 on left and right eye. I had undergone ICL surgery to my both eyes 2months back. But after surgery i had Floaters in my left eye. And sometimes i will have severe burings in both the eyes early in the mornings when i get up from bed. When i checked with the surgoens they said its nothing to do with ICL. But i am getting all this problems only after ICL surgery. So i have decide to remove ICL by next month. I want to know if is it safe to remove the ICL and go back to the Glasses? Will i have again any side effects on eyes like burinings or increse in the eye sight?

Sorry to say this, but Life after ICL is very dis-appointing for me. I never thought ICL will be so risky for my life. Now i cant rub my eyes during night. If i do so i may get cataract on my both eyes. Everytime i needs to be careful with my Eyes now. But with glasses i was so free with many of my activities. But after ICL i cant do all the activities i was doing before. (Like Yoga, Playing, swimming, cant bend head down, which may cause to increase in intraocular pressure). Day and Night i am worried about my future, bcz of this i am not able to concentrate on my career. I was recently promoted as Team Leader. Each time I think of growing, i get the fear what will happen to my eyes.

Please dont think that i am on the negitive side. Hope you understand my condition. I am person with so many regular activities in life. My day start with Gym, office, cooking, playing, watching movies and then back to bed. Now everything is gone for a toss after ICL. Everyday i need to be carefull. I never had dryness, burning in eyes till the ICL surgery. Each time i get new drops for dryness and buring. Which is irritating me. End of the day i feel tired in my eyes bcz of ICL.

My Vision in Right eye is good, but after Black spots in left eye, my left eye vision is reduced.

With ICL there is also a chances of Halos, Cataract and Glocoma. All these is putting me to bad expirence and fear and am not able to over come it.

So I am just thinking that should i go back to Glasses and be safe from everything and start my old life back again. And I wish to be as normal as before.

Please doctor, give me your kind suggestions what should I do?

Regards,
Santy

This discussion is related to Should I have ICL's removed?.
Tags: icl